Rainy season is very important in human life because life is not possible without water. Everyone loves the rainy season as it gives respite from the heat and the romantic weather like rain entices everyone. The risk of certain types of diseases also increases during this season. For this reason it becomes important to detect and treat the disease early in the rainy season. Take some precautions, the diseases and problems caused by them can be avoided in the rainy season.
So let’s know, which diseases can happen in monsoon:
This is the most common disease occurring in monsoon. Influenza is an infectious disease of the respiratory system that begins with a cold, cough and mild fever. Influenza virus usually enters our body through nose, eyes and mouth. Along with this, other people also come in contact with coughing and smoothing of a person infected with this virus.
Dengue is the most common disease that occurs during monsoon. It is spread through the bite of a mosquito called ‘Aedes aegypti’. In this condition, you have high fever, pain in the front of the head, pain under the eyes and joints, loss of appetite, vomiting, diarrhea, bleeding from the nose and gums, weakness, symptoms of dengue.
Although viral fever can occur in any season, but the cases of viral fever are seen more in monsoon. Viral fever is common in children and older people because they have low immunity. Symptoms of viral fever include fever, fatigue, dizziness, chills, headache, weakness and joint pain.
Typhoid is a highly contagious monsoon related disease. Which spreads through contaminated food, contaminated water or contact with an infected person. This disease is caused by a bacterium called ‘Salmonella Typhi’. In this disease, there is a general complaint of high fever, abdominal pain, headache and vomiting for a long time.
Malaria disease is caused by a protozoa named Plasmodium, it is a matter of water stagnation during the rainy season, so mosquitoes get favorable conditions to breed, this disease also spreads through mosquito bites, it can be a serious disease. In this condition, you may feel symptoms like high fever, body aches, chills, sweating and lack of blood in the body.
Gastroenteritis and food poisoning are common ailments during the monsoon season. In this disease, there is usually complaint of abdominal cramps, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. Along with this there may also be fever and the patient may also experience confusion and weakness.
Some common ways to avoid diseases in monsoon are as follows:
- To avoid monsoon diseases, first of all take special care of your diet.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a handkerchief while coughing and sneezing, this can prevent other people from getting infected.
- Most of the diseases in monsoon are spread by mosquito bites, so keep your house and its surroundings clean so that mosquitoes cannot breed.
- Keep your clothes dry to avoid any fungal infections, they don’t give them a chance to grow.
- Avoid spicy, fried and oily food in monsoon.
- Avoid going to crowded places during monsoon, especially on humid days, there is a high risk of infection.
- In the rainy season it is better to consume boiled water only.
“Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live in.”